Friday, December 12

A Giving Time...

"The fragrance always stays
in the hand
that gives the rose."

Heda Bejar

Have you seen the commercial where the
Salvation Army bell ringer
stands on the roof next to a flood victim
in the middle of crisis?

Where she stands in the ashes
of a house taken by fire?

She stands and rings beside
a homeless man?

One of the most well-made commercials.
No words throughout it...
It illustrates a FEW of the many
needs people right beside us have.

During these tight economic times they need
our help...they need our prayers.
Both the hearts in need & those who help.

4 comments:

La Donna Welter said...

Michelle,
Thank you for stopping by my blog! It has been truly wonderful visiting you. I have added you to my blog friends!
La Donna

Debra said...

Hi Michelle,
I've just been looking at your beautiful photos. I'm going to do the Christmas tree topiary-I love that. I've got little pots in all sizes.
What are you working on now?
Talk to you soon,
Love, Debra

Michelle Palmer said...

La Donna...you'll be a favorite stop!! :)

Debra! So nice to see you~ Be sure to keep watching...
I've been BURIED with art deadlines~ but now it's time for CRAFTING! When most folks have their homes neatly decorated & looking elegant for Christmas~ Mmmmmmm I'm making messy! I think we'll be putting ornaments on the tree after Christmas Eve Service. Maybe a new tradition?
Also trying to sort through some Christmas decor.~ wondering if I could pull some small projects together to bring to a local home~ maybe share some cheer with folks who don't have many visitors?
Every year my heart wants to do that...and I chicken out. I cry so easily~ that's not the best way to spread love! :)
I can see you are VERY busy!
Thanks so much for saying "hi!"

KatCollects said...

I love that commercial, and great post. I have been having some problems so not online as much, but I so miss reading your blog. I hope you are doing well Michelle!
Hugs,
Kathy