Wednesday, January 14

Today's Your Day...


There are people who put their dreams in a little box
and say, "Yes, I've got dreams, of course, I've got dreams."
Then they put the box away and bring it out once
in a while to look in it, and yep, they're still there.
These are great dreams, but they never even get out
of the box. It takes an uncommon amount of guts
to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say,
"How good or how bad am I?"
That's where the courage comes in.
Erma Bombeck

Have courage, friends...it's a fantastic journey
you will never regret taking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Spoken like a true artist! I agree it takes courage to follow your dreams, but I can't imagine doing anything else! Blessings,

Teresa Kogut

Wish on a Whisker said...

Wonderful! I wonder why it is so hard at times? ~Mandy

Anonymous said...

Michelle, YES! Just like the Nike ad: Just do it!

All people need to think about it step number 1. Sure, it's good to plan and to have long-term goals and to be ready for what may come...however, if we think too far ahead in terms of "what ifs"...those "ifs" just become stumbling blocks of negativity that may never happen.

Take one day at a time, one encounter at a time and it's amazing what people CAN do! We humans have amazing abilities and it's such a shame that people, out of fear, underestimate themselves and lead lives that are short of fulfillment.

Off my soapbox now! RIGHT, TERESA!

Diane

Michelle Palmer said...

Teresa, Mandy, Diane...
Thanks so much for your notes~

Sometimes that first step is all a person needs to get that little bit of wind under their wings~ I would tell some of my watercolor students..."how do you expect your kite to fly if you don't take it out of the package, walk out the door & RUN as fast as your legs can go?" Put the pencil, brushes, words down to paper & build on your dreams everyday.

So glad to be on my journey with such FANTASTIC friends!