Friday, May 3

Watercolor Joy!


The yard will have to wait this morning...
Grumpy and hungry little black flies have arrived!

More time to "play" with my new Yellow & Blue Watercolor~


When my husband prepares our vegetable garden each Spring~
We're on the lookout for little china treasures!
Stop the tiller!!! I see a shard!!!
(When painting flow blue in watercolor, begin with details & strong pigment)


(Allow the blue details to dry completely...
Add taupe & cream washes & the water will naturally "flow")


I think we have found 6-7 different china patterns in our back gardens~


Our Robin's are so cheery!
They have the most beautiful blue eggs~
Sweet friends build their nests where this short gal can peek inside!


(This is not a Robin's nest...)
From my "windy day collection!"
I found it on the ground near our hedgerow a few years ago.
It took me just as long to paint this little home as it did for our
sweet little feathered friends to build it!
Hair by hair.
Fine root, thin grasses... but mostly horse/animal hair.


I know, I know...
Yellow + Blue = PERFECT!
Yellow + Blue = Green... except in this painting!
Yellow stays yellow.
Blue stays blue.
I thought it was a cute way to name this piece and
one of my favorite color combinations!

Hope your Friday is off to a perfect start~

8 comments:

Leaping Frog Design's said...

So beautiful

Romeo said...

I can draw. I can paint. But I can NOT ever do anything as wonderful as this!!! Is it okay to tell you again how incredible you are?????

Hugs and purrs,

"her" and Romeo

Karen B. said...

Dear Michelle,
just real quick .... YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

many hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Starr White said...

So inspired by your beautiful paintings, I bought some watercolors yesterday.....anxious but scared to try them out!

Tammie Lee said...

hello,
your yellow and blue art is charming. how fun that you find shards in the garden.

Smiley said...

Do you really find shards when preparing your garden each year? How awesome is that?!!

Smiles and Blessings,
Deb oxo

BJR said...

I LOVE, LOVE such paintings!! You DO make it look so easy...and looking makes me want to break out my watercolors...instead of just pen and ink. Keep on inspiring us!

Diane Duda said...

You do such beautiful work, Michelle. I love my little bird bunting. :)
Di