Wednesday, June 24

Embroidery~ Stitching at lunch


I am always drawn to stitches.
Fancy. Simple. Pattern. Free-style. Gentlework... all of it!
Decided this would be a neat time to learn some basic stitches!


Alaina and I are taking a few minutes each day (lunchtime break)
to learn a stitch or two! We started today with straight & satin stitches.
I had some troubles getting the stem stitch in a straight line.
I will share pictures of Alaina's work in my next post...
had to let her get back to work!

Love having our daughter back from the West...
She makes everything so much more creative!

Hope you're having a wonderful week!

7 comments:

Createology said...

This is a wonderful way to enjoy a little mid-day break and yet be creative and productive. Well Done Ladies...

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

What a great idea...a little time to learn something new and to do something you like. Years ago I used to cross-stitch on my lunch break just to de-stress. It always relaxed me for the rest of the afternoon. ; )
~Michele

Brynwood Needleworks said...

You're so right, Michelle. Stitching is relaxing and restful. You'll love the time that you and your daughter spend learning embroidery stitches together. You're a natural at this, and before you know it, you'll be as proficient with a needle as you are with a paintbrush.
xo
Donna

Twiglet said...

I love sharing my crafty activities with my daughter too - very special times. x Jo

Sally said...

Hi Michelle,
You're so creative! Definitely a gardener of thread! I hope you're enjoying your summer. How wonderful is it to have daughters around! I have two daughters and consider myself one of the luckiest ladies in the world.
Happy Gardening!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

you are so creative. I used to love to embroider but then got too involved in too many other things. Keep up the good work you can combine with your lovely art work
Janice

Michelle Palmer said...

Thank you, Sweet Friends! It is fun to see how different Alaina's stitches are compared to mine. She has been using aqua thread... and hers look like little works of art! I will share the latest stitches in my next post :) Thank you for stopping by and sharing :)